Pi feeding Richard Parker.
Art by Tomislav Torjanac
Ten wonderful things about today's ten-miler:
1. After poor sleep and an early morning of nightmares, those endorphins gave me a major high.
2. Sunrise over the creek: beautiful.
3. Solitude in nature is refreshing, always.
4. I didn't have to take a single walk break and I improved my pace from last week.
5. That's the farthest I've ever run without a walk break (even counting races).
6. It wasn't easy, but it never hurt. I felt good in my body.
7. I proved to myself that I can run against the wind. Serious Bob Seger status.
8. I'm totally hooked on my audiobook, Life of Pi. It's like Lost meets Noah's Ark. Kinda.
9. I'm totally hooked on running with an audiobook to pass the time. Best idea ever--running and reading.
10. Being done with 10 miles by 8:00 AM feels like an early birthday present to myself.