I saw this on another blog and I thought it would be interesting to do here too. These are my top 10 most popular (most clicked on/read) posts in 2009 according to Google Analytics.
9) Sacramento Cowtown Half Marathon. This was my HUGE post-race post where I detailed every single second of the race plus my entire playlist. What was I thinking? Oh yeah. I know what I was thinking. That race was freaking hard and I was totally feelin' the post-race glow. It was a huge accomplishment for me.
8) Not pregnant, a post about... wait for it... not being pregnant. This was an emotional one for me to write. (I'm still not, by the way, nor are/were we trying to be. Don't freak out.) There was a little sadness for me when I wrote that, though. It was just a post about how far my my mind goes when I even suspect... But I'm not. Pregnant, that is.
7) The next most popular link was actually the category, Marriage/Separation/Relationship. I could chalk this up to people being nosy, but it's not nosy if it's put right there in front of you. Don't worry. I don't mind. That's why I have categories--so you can find the good stuff. I'm glad that made the top 10. I want to share our story. I've said a puzillion times how alone I felt when I had trouble in my marriage and I want people to know that real marriage is hard work, and sometimes it ain't cute. I wanted to start this blog as an honest reflection of what our (and my) life is about. I think I've done okay in that department. As I look at that category I'm reminded that I haven't blogged much about our relationship in recent history. That's something I shall have to remedy.
6) Number six was the Apple Snack Cake post and recipe. This was one of my first forays into the beauty that is the America's Test Kitchen cookbook. If I only had one cookbook for the rest of my life, this would be it. I think the reason I get a lot of clicks on that post is that I adapted it to be gluten-free, egg-free, and dairy-free. It wasn't too bad. Gluten-free E's food allergies have presented quite a challenge when it comes to desserts, so this was one he could actually eat. I know that gluten allergies are becoming very common. I'm always on the lookout for ways to bring good food into our lives. (I still miss lasagna though. I really miss lasagna.) By the way, I'm aware of exactly how lame that picture is. Sorry.
5) Zebra toes. Ah, zebra toes. Apparently it was too much to ask for zebra toenail polish in this town. I got it in my head that I needed this done and promptly stumped the entire local nail salon. I since bought a striping brush and some black and white polish to do it myself. This was pretty fun though--it's the first time I allowed myself to sit and view a scene because I knew it would be blog-worthy.
4) Number four is my current GIVEAWAY POST. Did you enter yet? Huh? Didya? Why not? You only have until Sunday. I'm giving away a crocheted blanket, in case you missed the first fifty memos.
3) Number three was another giveaway, some custom postcards. I ended up not being that happy with the sponsor, so let's move on, shall we? Nothing sinister, just an annoying company.
2) The Crochet Pattern for my blankets is number two. I've adapted it several times by now, but it's still the best pattern I've ever made. Makes beautiful thick crocheted blankets. I retyped it in the blog so I wouldn't lose it. I frequently use my blog as a kind of file cabinet. The copy I had from the Bestie was worn and hard to read, so I retyped it... mostly for myself. I'm glad y'all enjoyed it. Maybe I should take it down when I start selling these things, huh? Ha.
1) The number one post on my blog was... drumroll, please... (not by any surprise at all):